Thursday 25 July 2013

My Skincare Routine

After years of being a 'face wipe and basic moisturiser kind of girl' I recently decided it was time for me to really start to pay attention to my skin and take better care of it.
My Routine;
  • Cleanse: In the morning and evenings I always start with Michael Todd True Organics 'Skin Defender Cleanser' to remove dirt and makeup.  It leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and moisturised, not dry and tight. Which is perfect for me as my skin is on the dry side! It claims to 'improve the appearance of fine lines, blotches and discoloration' and I definitely think it has improved my skins appearance.
Additionally in the evenings I double cleanse using No 7 Skin Cleansing Water just to double check that all traces of make up are removed. I have tried other lotion and water based cleaners in the past but I still keep coming back to this one! My skin has had a lot less break outs since using this product.
 
  • Toner: After cleansing I swipe a bit of Michael Todd Organic Cranberry Toner over my face, concentrating on the forehead, nose and chin. This just evens up the PH balance of my skin, and teamed with the No 7 cleanser, has been keeping away blemishes nicely! Although some days I do have to give this a miss when my skin is feeling sensitive as it can sting.
 
  • Moisturiser: This is the one step of the routine that I have failed to find my 'go to' product for. I was using the Boot's Botanics Brightening moisturisers but I didn't really feel that it was doing anything for my skin. At the moment I am just using a Simple moisturiser mixed with a Michael Todd serum. If anybody could recommend any brand that is good for combination skin (with the odd dry patch) please do let me know. I thinking to branch out to anti wrinkle products, as well I'm not getting any younger!
I have also started regularly exfoliating and face masking my skin but I may save that for another post!
So far this routine is working great for me, I noticed a change in my skin after a few weeks, it looks brighter, fuller and my pores have reduced as well. Of course I do have lazy days were you do the bare minimum to get into bed quicker but I think we are allowed those every now and again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment