Thursday 25 July 2013

Potential new lifestyle...

A few months ago I woke up one morning and had that dreaded fear of.. 'The bikini body'!!! With only 3 months to go until my holiday I thought something had to be done. When I was younger I was never conscious of my weight and it wasn't until I got to about 17 that I really started to pay attention to what I was putting in my body and exercise etc..

I have never been over a size 10 so I know many people would be thinking I'm silly to worry about my body but everybody has a right to have body hiccups.. Mine being my hips!
 So my friend and I both signed up to the gym and decided that we would both keep each other motivated and push one another as there has been many tried and failed attempts at a new healthy lifestyle before, and I am pleased to say we are still keeping at it 5 months later!

What did I change?
  1. Eat more fruit and veg - Honestly I cannot stress how much better I felt, energy and wellbeing wise when I switched the biscuits and crisps for a more healthier option.
  2. Exercised 3-4 times a week - Find ways to make it fun! We mixed our gym sessions up with some classes as well. ZUMBA was a great way to burn calories and you're so busy having fun you don't realise how quick the time goes! I also recommended doing a mix of cardio and toning exercises.
  3. Take-Away food - I was a definite fast food junkie but I forced myself to resist for the greater good - although a treat every so often wasn't a bad thing.
So far I've managed to loose half a stone which I am happy with as loosing weight wasn't really the end goal for me, it was more about the toning up. Here's a before and after pic of me, it makes me happy to see the difference in my body and that I have done something to change it!














No comments:

Post a Comment